Male and female populations. Published 1 2018 august
Final updated 14 May 2019 - see all updates
- 1. Main facts and numbers
- 2. By ethnicity
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Data sources
- 5. Down load the information
1. Principal facts and numbers
- In line with the 2011 Census, females and girls composed 51% of this populace of England and Wales, and males and men made 49%
- Many cultural groups had approximately the male that is same female populations
- There was clearly a bigger feminine than male populace when you look at the Chinese, Black Caribbean as well as other White ethnic teams, where ladies and girls made 53% for the particular populations
- There was clearly a bigger male than feminine population into the Arab ethnic team, where males and men composed 58% for the populace, and among individuals who recognized as virtually any ethnicity (54% guys and guys)
The Census is planned and performed because of the working office for National Statistics (ONS) any ten years in England and Wales. The last Census occured in March 2011.
The Census may be the survey that is only provide reveal image of the complete populace of England and Wales. It creates it possible to compare various areas of the nation as all households are expected exactly the same concerns in the time period that is same.
For the 2011 Census, around 25 million pre-addressed questionnaires were posted off to all households utilizing a specially developed nationwide target register. Households could get back their questionnaire by post or complete it online. Census workers delivered questionnaires by hand to individuals staying in residential care houses, hospitals, hostels, boarding schools, college halls of residence, mobile house areas, armed forces bases as well as other public establishments.
94% of households finished the 2011 Census. Of the, 97% responded the concern about ethnicity.
This data stops working the people of England and Wales by ethnicity and sex. The split between women/girls and men/boys is shown for every cultural team.
The Census is held in England and Wales every ten years to gather data on everyone surviving in the nation on a particular date.
The census offers the source that is only of comparable data both for tiny areas and minority populace teams across England and Wales.
The information the Census provides permits central and town, wellness authorities and several other organisations to prepare housing, training, health insurance and transportation solutions for decades in the future.
The Census works on the set that is standard of teams to get and classify ethnicity information.
The 2011 Census utilized 18 standardised ethnic groups:
Asian / Asian British:
- Any other Asian background
Ebony / African / Caribbean / Ebony British:
- Just about any Ebony / african Caribbean that is/ back ground
Mixed / several groups that are ethnic
- Mixed White and Ebony Caribbean
- Mixed White and Black African
- Mixed White and Asian
- Other Mixed / Multiple cultural history, please describe
- English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish / British
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Every other White background, please describe
Other group that is ethnic
- Virtually any cultural team
2. By ethnicity
|black colored African||48||52|
|Mixed White/Black African||50russian bride anal||50|
|blended White/Black Caribbean||50||50|